Hal Barkate, DDS MSD
It has been my pleasure to provide beautiful smiles to so many wonderful families in Orange County over my 15+ years in orthodontics. My greatest joy comes from seeing the difference a healthy smile can make in a person’s life. A beautiful smile is a gift for a lifetime!
Our team’s vision is to provide the very best orthodontic experience in every way. We are committed to providing healthy and beautiful smiles in an enjoyable and fun atmosphere with an emphasis on meticulous personal service and quality care for our orthodontic family. We consider it an honor and privilege to serve our patients with love, compassion and our dedication to excellence in orthodontic care.
I feel it is a blessing to be an orthodontist and I take my profession extremely seriously. I work hard to be the very best orthodontist for my patients and I truly enjoy what I do. I look forward to coming into the office every day and look forward to making you smile on your next visit!
- Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Dean’s Scholar Graduate of UCLA
- Magna Cum Laude Graduate of UCSF School of Dentistry
- Masters in Orthodontics from University of the Pacific Orthodontic Residency
- Advanced Training in Early Childhood Interception Orthodontic Treatment
- Invisalign Premier Provider; a title awarded to only the top 5% of all Invisalign dentists
- Voted Top Orthodontist in Orange County by his dental colleagues multiple times in both Coast magazine and Patient Reviews
- Voted Ladera Ranch's Favorite Orthodontist, Ladera Ranch Magazine
- Featured in Orange Coast magazine’s Top Doctors of Orange County issue
- Excellence and Highest Ethical Practice Award, Academy of Dental Sciences
- Fellow of the World Federation of Orthodontists
- Distinguished Fellow of the American Council of Dental Sciences
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, Past Program Chair of Continuing Education
- Lecturer and Faculty Member in the UCLA School of Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics
- Special Advisor in Dentistry to the National Institute of Medicine
- Lifetime Distinguished Honorary Master Diplomat, National Academy of Dental Sciences, Specialty of Orthodontics
- Member: American Dental Association
- Member: California Dental Association
- Member: American Association of Orthodontists
- Member: California Association of Orthodontists
- Member: Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Pro Bono Provider of Orthodontic Treatment to Kids in Need from The Boys & Girls Club
Dr. Barkate spends all his free time with his wife, Krystal and their children, Maddie and Cooper. He stays active by playing with his family, volunteering in his community, and remembering to enjoy each and every day.